4.13.2010

Gem of the day


Here's an initiative I'm so excited about I can barely contain myself. Oh, and I'm actually serious about this one.

However shocking it is to admit, apparently most Euros and Brits aren't familiar with the American legend Jimmy Buffett. It should suffice to say he made songs in the 80s that now cater to a mid-50s post-hippie crowd which include Boat Drinks ("Boat drinks, waitress I need some more boat drinks") and I Wish Lunch Could Last Forever ("The place down the block/the one with no clock"). And, of course, Margaritaville.

Well, the Virgina-based firm Strategic Sustainability Consulting actually has as a case study on their website a Green Office Audit for Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville offices in blissful Key West, Florida. This is a must-read, kids. If only for the introductory paragraph:

"It's hard to hear the word Margaritaville without the melody 'Wasting away again in Margaritaville...' drifting to mind. But Margaritaville is trying to convince its employees and customers not to 'waste away' if they can help it."

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Jimmy! My fave is 'It's Five O'Clock Somewhere'.

    Rock On

    ReplyDelete