10.05.2010

Bonus bonus gem

Can somebody please explain to me the logic in this gem? Perhaps it's a simple case of the Tuesday doldrums, but I'm at a loss to understand the intellectual path that apparently leads from thinking a tree is disfiguring a man-made creation--a parking lot, no less--to reflecting on the importance of trees in nature. And, wait for it: the bold decision to refer to trees as a 'renewable resource' for the packaging industry. Truly incredible.

"On my way to work every morning, I pass a tree which appears to have suffered a lightning strike, and I admit I have questioned why anyone would leave such a disfigured, “half a tree” standing in an otherwise well manicured empty lot. Then I started to think about how important trees are to the environmental health of our planet as well as what a valuable renewable resource they are for the packaging industry."

No comments:

Post a Comment